Isla modeling two of her hats.
Brennan's Kindergarten recently had their St. Martin's Day celebrations. Parents signed up for a day to come after school and "help" their child construct a lantern. The theme was Bob the Builder and you could choose either Bob or Wendy. They were pretty complicated to make and I, I mean Brennan and I, found the project a little challenging. Our Bob turned out pretty well, considering. We met everyone at the school and paraded through town with the lanterns while singing St. Martin's songs. We ended up at the assisted living home and the children sang some songs for everyone gathered there. Later in the week they baked Weckmaenner (bread men) at school and reinacted St. Martin tearing his cloak to share with the poor man.
November 19, 2010
St. Martin's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Very cool lantern, Brennan did a good job!
Post a Comment