September 26, 2011

Fall Fun

We have been trying to make the most of both this beautiful fall weather and of Patrick's time at home before his next trip. These are photos from this past week (I have finally caught up!!!)

Isla and I collected leaves for a playgroup project, Brennan harvested the remaining carrots from our garden, and I had a little bath time fun with Isla's hair.



On Saturday we took a trip to Pumpkin Island, trying to fit in some seasonal fun. The pumpkins were not out yet, but the tractors were lots of fun and the hemp maze was intriguing. We assume that this is not actually pot they are growing here, although that's what it translated to online.



The kids enjoyed the zipline and climbing on the huge pirate ship made of hay bales.



Since we were in the area we hopped over to Düsseldorf to walk around the Altstadt and grab a bite to eat.



On Sunday we headed out again, this time to the Netherlands. We stopped to photograph this beautiful castle, which is actually a residence. I'm not sure how the occupants would feel about stray foreigners knocking on their door on a Sunday morning and asking for a tour of their home, but I was sorely tempted to try. Next we headed toward a local watermill but stumbled upon this great play park.



The kids had so much fun! Brennan loved these little go-carts and was a surprisingly good driver. Patrick crammed himself into a skycar to help Brennan pedal around the course, and Isla enjoyed the big bouncy bubble.



We did make it to the water mill, which was not running but was very pretty.



While there, we collected some chestnuts to add to our fall decor, then headed to a garden store to buy some mums and have lunch. What a great way to spend a beautiful fall day!

0 comments: