Mom and Dad are here for a short visit and they are definitely getting a taste of our day to day life, as well as helping out a ton. The morning after they arrived Grandma was already attending Krabbelgruppe with me and Isla for some singing, dancing, and lantern-making. The busy morning really tuckered Isla out.
While Isla napped in the afternoon, Grandpa, Brennan and I toured around Heinsberg a bit and ran some errands. Here are Grandpa and Brennan on part of the old wall on the Burgberg and some pictures from inside the pretty Heinsberg church.
Our post-naptime activity was one of my seasonal favorites; pumpkin buying! We didn't go to an actual patch, but rather to the cute place in the Netherlands that we bought from last year. The kids had a great time picking out some pumpkins and the weather was perfect; crisp, cool, & sunny.

We tried to get some good pictures on the front stoop, but it was tough. Not everyone wanted to sit still and smile, and some short people preferred to be photographers rather than models. So here is a sample of what we have.
The next day everyone came down to base to cheer me on as I ran a Breast Cancer 5k. It was cross-country, which I have never ever done, and while I was happy with my 30:21 finish, I think at heart I'm an asphalt girl. Brennan and Isla kept themselves busy playing with grandparents and friends on the playground and Brennan enjoyed drinking my orange Gatorade.
October 15, 2011
Fun With Grandma & Grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment