July 30, 2012

4th of July & Blackberries

 Happy 4th of July!  The kids had fun making some patriotic brownies with Grandma.  I know they washed their hands ahead of time and I'm pretty sure all this finger licking happened at the end, but I'm not sure we would have passed a health inspection.  ;)

 


We returned to our new favorite farm to pick some blackberries.  It was a hot day but the berries were ripe and juicy and practically jumping into our buckets.  We picked, picnicked, and then chose one of the shady playgrounds to enjoy before we headed home.

 
 




We ended up with 2 whole flats, which in retrospect may have been overzealous of us.


But we now have two more batches of jam.


And we had a fantastic cobbler.


And we can (and will) enjoy a taste of summer all winter long.


Reading time.

    

Brennan made this jet out of blocks.


A rare still moment.


New goggles!



Dinner during the power outage.


My little monkey.


Loving the water slide.


0 comments: