December 2, 2012

Snickers Gap

A recent morning snuggle; Brennan and Isla do not always get along (hard to believe, I know, but I don't usually document the fights and meltdowns) but they are both still enamored with Kellan.  I told him to soak it up, and I'm pretty sure he's playing opossum with all this day-sleeping and quietly packing on the pounds so that he'll stand a chance when he finally becomes fair game.



Brennan helped me decorate the mantel.


Brothers.


Off to Snickers Gap for our Christmas tree.


Ready to go with  a saw and some rope.


Following our fearless leader into the wilds of Virginia.







Brennan really liked the small trees; just his size!


We paused for some rock climbing.




And some rock lounging.



We found our tree!


Everyone got to help with the saw.


Mush!


Pulling the tree was a little slow so Patrick Bunyan, our personal lumberjack, just toted it on back for us.
 

Follow that tree!


Wagon ride back to the parking lot.


The fine art of tying a tree onto a vehicle.  We made it home so I guess Patrick remembered enough of his sailor knots.  Or as he likes to say "Can't tie a knot?  Tie a lot!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your posts so so so much! thanks for letting us know that you are NOT indeed a truly perfect family, and that kiddos argue sometimes :) I was beginning to feel bad about our family! xoxox
christiana

LizzyB said...

Cute! I love that I can keep up with the Hudocks this way. I miss you guys! Love you!
PS: Never understood how hard stay-at-home moms work until the day I brought Reyna home. Oh. My. Gosh. And you make your own bread and butter?! WTF?