November 28, 2012

Weekend Fun

Here are some pictures from the long weekend.  Oma came to visit and Patrick and the kids set up our new fire pit.  I love the smell of woodsmoke and was very excited about this. 



Plus we had some marshmellows that needed roasting.



Oma keeping Kellan warm.


On Saturday we headed out to the farm for a rendezvous with Santa.  It was freezing and very windy.
 
 

Santa arrived in a tractor-drawn wagon.


Not so sure.



Santa's dog.  Who knew?


The kids were a little unsure about this strange man with the tinted sunglasses and the poodle.


But Brennan was brave.  He did the talking for both kids and even sat on Santa's lap.  Isla was silent and would not go any closer.


She loosened up once we sat down with some hot chocolate and cider donuts.


One happy boy.




We decided to try out the cow train for the first time and we had the whole train to ourselves.  This may have had something to do with the freezing temps and blustery wind.  Hard to say.


Brennan couldn't decide which cow he wanted to ride in and kept switching around.


Isla was really excited to be riding at all; you never know what she'll be into but apparently this was a big deal for her.



We decided an adult should stick close by, and since Patrick wasn't a fan of my suggestion that he jog along side, he managed to squeeze in too.



Kellan, Oma and I got to ride in style up front.  I even had a cup holder for my hot cider, score! 


 


Some pics from a recent photo shoot.


 


What perfect little angels.


You can't be angelic all the time.  
 

"Chubby cheeks!"  She does this really hard and I give Brennan credit for hanging onto Kellan during this attack.

 

Vegging out.


Wow.


Coat models.


My amaryllis bloomed!



He's looking so big already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I just love reading your updates! your life seems so idyllic!!! :) when kellan gets a bit older you should all visit cyprus!
love
christiana

Kristin said...

I love your new header photo! Such a nice family picture and you look fantastic :) PS> props to Patrick for squeezing into that tiny little cow car!