October 15, 2013

The Big Apple Circus & Pumpkins

It's been pretty rainy recently, but we haven't let that break our streak of walking Brennan home from school each day.  There were a couple of days that we were practically the only walkers, and definitely the only ones form Kindergarten, but we just used the weather as a good excuse for hot cocoa. 


Patrick was in Norfolk last week but was able to come home for the weekend, yay!  He and the kids came to cheer me on at a local 5k on Saturday. Here I am waving to my cheering squad during the home stretch. 


My supportive family.  (They dropped me off, ran for donuts, and made it to the finish line just in time to cheer me on.) 


The 5k ended up being shortened a tad to about 3 miles due to flooding on the trail.  I was still very happy with my time of 24:12 and I ran my fastest mile ever (the first mile) in 7:37. 


I placed!  Third in my age group (men and women).  This is the part where I disclose that it was a tiny race, but it was still exciting.


On Sunday we took the big kids to the Big Apple Circus!





We all shared a cotton candy before the show started. 


Blue tongues.


Getting excited.




We had a great time.  The trapeze act made Isla nervous, but she enjoyed the dogs and horses.  Both kids liked the human fireworks and the clown.  Brennan is already asking to go back.



We also got our pumpkins this weekend.



It's really, really difficult to get all three kids to look at the camera at the same time and have normal expressions.  So here are a smattering of photos that are all pretty similar.






I think Kellan preferred to be down, but it was pretty muddy.


Tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch.



I like this one because the kids look like they're part of some strange dance routine.


Scoping out the options.


Oops, sorry Brennan.  But at least Isla is looking.


Ok the hat is safe and Brennan's smiling, but Isla has attitude.


Why is this so hard?



Pensive.


We picked out some nice pumpkins and caught the tractor back to the farm.





We stashed our pumpkins in the car and stayed to play for a bit.  Isla had a really good time driving us all in this truck.






We had such a great weekend and I'm so glad that Patrick was here for it.  We have so much more fun when we're all together.  

2 comments:

Molly said...

Love these pictures! The kids are so cute!!

Kristin said...

Great run! AWESOME time! And you look great! And I am living fall through you, as it is still 80' here... I love the boots :)