At the end of August we took a relaxing vacation to the Outer Banks. The highlight for the kids may have been the rental van. They were thrilled with the space, the automatic doors and the personal air vents, and the tv was just icing on the cake.
We left at 5am and made it to Kitty Hawk in 5 hours, including picking up Oma, a breakfast stop and a pit stop. Nice! we had time before we could check into our house so we visited the Wright Brothers Museum.
The first couple of days were very windy and it was too dangerous to swim, but all we really need is the surf and sand. We made sandcastles, played sandpiper, dug small tunnels for the water to pass through, dug up some mole crabs, collected shells, etc.
The beach is great for tiring out the kids. Exhaustion didn't stop Kellan from waking up at 6 each morning or from jumping all over his tired siblings.
We had a great time playing mini-golf.
Watching our donuts being created at Duck Donuts.
Oma likes lighthouses and we visited the Bodie lighthouse on our only rainy morning.
After the first two days Kellan started taking beach naps.
Some tired kiddos!
Patrick took Brennan and Isla each on a GoKart ride. I'm not sure who was having more fun!
Heading home! What a relaxing vacation!!
We left at 5am and made it to Kitty Hawk in 5 hours, including picking up Oma, a breakfast stop and a pit stop. Nice! we had time before we could check into our house so we visited the Wright Brothers Museum.
The first couple of days were very windy and it was too dangerous to swim, but all we really need is the surf and sand. We made sandcastles, played sandpiper, dug small tunnels for the water to pass through, dug up some mole crabs, collected shells, etc.
The beach is great for tiring out the kids. Exhaustion didn't stop Kellan from waking up at 6 each morning or from jumping all over his tired siblings.
We had a great time playing mini-golf.
Watching our donuts being created at Duck Donuts.
Oma likes lighthouses and we visited the Bodie lighthouse on our only rainy morning.
After the first two days Kellan started taking beach naps.
Some tired kiddos!
Patrick took Brennan and Isla each on a GoKart ride. I'm not sure who was having more fun!
Heading home! What a relaxing vacation!!
1 comments:
1. I cannot believe you wrote the words relaxing and vacation in the same sentence with 3 kids. The only way I could do that would be if I gave both of mine Benedryl for the duration of our trip.
2. You cut your hair! It looks great! You look great! I'm glad to see more pictures of you in this blog too.
3. Your family is adorable and amazing and looks so super fun. I wish we could all hang out together.
4. Love you guys and miss you. I think of you whenever I use the phrase I stole from you, (while pointing to my screaming toddler) "whose kid is that?!?"
Post a Comment