We had an early Easter party in Brennan's Krabbelgrueppe, which we celebrated with an egg hunt and breakfeast. We each brought something to contribute to the meal (Brennan and I were assigned rolls) and I couldn't get over the huge bucket o' Nutella that one of the moms brought. Apparently it was a gift from a relative who bought it in Italy, but I'm not sure that excuses it's monstrous existence! I don't think she was offended by my photo shoot, and it was definitely a "you know you live in Europe when..." moment for me. 
Today we headed to Daniel's, a huge garden center just over the border in the Netherlands. Our plan was to buy seeds for our vegetable garden and pick up some special mineral/dirt/compost that Patrick had ordered. It was a special day at Daniels however, because they had a little pet-a-pet farm set up for kids, which we had seen on a previous occasion. My favorite little skunk was there again, although Brennan was not as in love as I was. The German word for animal is Tier (*teer) and a skunk is a Stinktier (pronounced *shteenk teer). Stinktier is currently my favorite German word.
*I made those phonetic spellings up, but you get the gist.
March 27, 2010
Nutella & Skunks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm loving the huge Nutella! You look so great Amber.....so happy for you guys! Miss you : )
Post a Comment