May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! We had a low-key day on Sunday, minus Daddy who was spending a week in Italy. Brennan and I had a pancake breakfast and then headed out to the town soccer field to kick the ball around. I showed him some of my old moves, no big deal. There was some sort of weird traveling gypsy circus camped out near the field and when we got there I am pretty sure I got teased in German by one of the guys for playing soccer pregnant or for having the ball in my shirt, I couldn't tell which. Brennan loves soccer and every Wednesday on the way to and from his tumbling class we have to stop and watch the older kids play. I think he was pretty excited to finally get out on an official field. He enjoys scoring goals and is really good at dribbling and passing, but he gets a little upset when I steal the ball or dribble it around him. He's still working on that killer instinct. I guess it's hard to teach competitive sports while at the same time working on "sharing" in all other areas of life. We had a lot of fun though, and it was a really nice way for us to spend Mother's Day.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: