While Kellan and I rode out hurricane Sandy in our hospital room, (a pretty exciting first night for Kellan, and I credit the low pressure with starting my labor) this is how the rest of the family kept themselves entertained.
The next day we enjoyed some quiet time with Grandma and Grandpa.
Patrick, Brennan and Isla came a bit later for some more snuggles.
We saved the first poopy diaper for Patrick to change; it's tradition. =)
I was discharged after lunch, having spent only about 30 hours total in the hospital. A day after having a baby I wasn't quite up to taking on the full load of 3 kids, 2 dogs and a house, so I joined the rest of the family for one night at Mom and Dad's; a gentler transition to reality. (Rocky is clearly already exhausted by having a newborn around.)
Patrick took Brennan to his Halloween parade at school.
One happy Dutch firefighter!
The boys came back to pick us up and we finally headed home to start our life as a family of 5. The back seat of the Prius was filled to the brim with carseats, children, balloons, flowers and chihuahuas.
Cristina came to help me pass out candy while Patrick and the kids trick-or-treated, and she brought freshly baked homemade Challah; so tasty!!
Spiderman and a ladybug, very excited to head out for their first American trick-or-treating experience (Brennan was too young to remember going at 10 months).
Kellan wore a festive hat to celebrate the occasion.
Loaded down with candy and humoring me by standing still for this picture when they really wanted to be digging in.
Happy Halloween!
The next day we enjoyed some quiet time with Grandma and Grandpa.
Patrick, Brennan and Isla came a bit later for some more snuggles.
We saved the first poopy diaper for Patrick to change; it's tradition. =)
The kids headed out with Grandma and Grandpa, and Patrick stayed to enjoy our "celebration lunch". They actually wheeled in this table and brought in some folding chairs for the occasion. Pretty schnazzy.
I was discharged after lunch, having spent only about 30 hours total in the hospital. A day after having a baby I wasn't quite up to taking on the full load of 3 kids, 2 dogs and a house, so I joined the rest of the family for one night at Mom and Dad's; a gentler transition to reality. (Rocky is clearly already exhausted by having a newborn around.)
Morning sibling love.
Patrick took Brennan to his Halloween parade at school.
One happy Dutch firefighter!
The boys came back to pick us up and we finally headed home to start our life as a family of 5. The back seat of the Prius was filled to the brim with carseats, children, balloons, flowers and chihuahuas.
Cristina came to help me pass out candy while Patrick and the kids trick-or-treated, and she brought freshly baked homemade Challah; so tasty!!
Spiderman and a ladybug, very excited to head out for their first American trick-or-treating experience (Brennan was too young to remember going at 10 months).
Kellan wore a festive hat to celebrate the occasion.
Loaded down with candy and humoring me by standing still for this picture when they really wanted to be digging in.
Happy Halloween!
1 comments:
you are definitely my hero!! wow, wow, wow! you make childbirth seem so easy! of course, I had 2 c-sections, so I was not discharged so quickly! but you seem to be transitioning pretty easily into being a family of 5!! your kids are the cutest ever!
christiana
Post a Comment