February has been pretty cold and snowy so far and I haven't been taking many pictures, but here is what we've been up to. Patrick and I finally checked this simple headboard for the guestroom off of our "to-do" list. We'd painted the guestrooms late last fall and are slowly pulling things together up there.
Too close!
Here are a couple of pics from a recent visit with Grams and Papa.
The girls did some valentine's crafting.
A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the school nurse letting me know that Brennan was complaining of blurred vision and said he had hit his head on the bus. After speaking with Brennan and the nurse, I packed everyone up and went to get him. There was no bump on on his head and I tried to figure out whether he was trying to leave school for some other reason, but he stuck to his story. So I took him home, and only under intense questioning was it revealed that he really just wanted glasses. (We had recently read a book about getting glasses and one of his friends has them.) Needless to say we packed everyone back up and headed back to school, where we apologized to all teachers and nurses involved and got a little talking-to about honesty. But, Patrick and I did buy a non-prescription pair to add to the dress-up bin.
Here are the kids with the bio-dome that Brennan received for Christmas. Everything is sprouting!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Our most recent snow. The initial dump was about a foot, and then some more trickled in. I'm pretty much done with this weather and can't wait for Spring.
Hanging out in the basement on one of our freezing cold snowy days. Don't worry, the kids did a ton of sledding too, but you can't be outside all day in those temps.
We took a recent family trip to get haircuts for all the boys, and while we were there one of the ladies offered to do Isla's nails. She was pretty excited about it. This will not be a regular occurrence but she had fun and it kept her out of trouble for a few minutes.
Kellan did really well with his first cut. He has straight hair on top and in front but curls in the back. I'm in love with the curls but the front was getting too long. I kept trying to figure out a way to cut the front but not the back and Patrick kept reminding me that that amounted to a mullet. So we cut the front and "cleaned up" the sides and back. It's nice to see his handsome little face! And he beat his big sister to the first haircut milestone.
Miracles do happen. I'm so glad I had my phone handy to get the proof!
We visited Mount Vernon with Grandma and Grandpa on President's Day.
It was cold but we had fun walking around. We heard Governor McAuliffe speak, or rather saw him as we were behind the speakers keeping kids happy. But we had great seats for the 21 gun salute by the continental soldiers and a view of the Potomac!
Too close!
Here are a couple of pics from a recent visit with Grams and Papa.
The girls did some valentine's crafting.
A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the school nurse letting me know that Brennan was complaining of blurred vision and said he had hit his head on the bus. After speaking with Brennan and the nurse, I packed everyone up and went to get him. There was no bump on on his head and I tried to figure out whether he was trying to leave school for some other reason, but he stuck to his story. So I took him home, and only under intense questioning was it revealed that he really just wanted glasses. (We had recently read a book about getting glasses and one of his friends has them.) Needless to say we packed everyone back up and headed back to school, where we apologized to all teachers and nurses involved and got a little talking-to about honesty. But, Patrick and I did buy a non-prescription pair to add to the dress-up bin.
Here are the kids with the bio-dome that Brennan received for Christmas. Everything is sprouting!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Our most recent snow. The initial dump was about a foot, and then some more trickled in. I'm pretty much done with this weather and can't wait for Spring.
Hanging out in the basement on one of our freezing cold snowy days. Don't worry, the kids did a ton of sledding too, but you can't be outside all day in those temps.
We took a recent family trip to get haircuts for all the boys, and while we were there one of the ladies offered to do Isla's nails. She was pretty excited about it. This will not be a regular occurrence but she had fun and it kept her out of trouble for a few minutes.
Kellan did really well with his first cut. He has straight hair on top and in front but curls in the back. I'm in love with the curls but the front was getting too long. I kept trying to figure out a way to cut the front but not the back and Patrick kept reminding me that that amounted to a mullet. So we cut the front and "cleaned up" the sides and back. It's nice to see his handsome little face! And he beat his big sister to the first haircut milestone.
Miracles do happen. I'm so glad I had my phone handy to get the proof!
We visited Mount Vernon with Grandma and Grandpa on President's Day.
It was cold but we had fun walking around. We heard Governor McAuliffe speak, or rather saw him as we were behind the speakers keeping kids happy. But we had great seats for the 21 gun salute by the continental soldiers and a view of the Potomac!




























1 comments:
So I know it gets old having a lot of snow over there, and how dare I complain about warm & sunny weather here, but we're quite jealous of your winter. The mountains near us haven't had any snow stick on them this year, so the sleds the boys got for Christmas are collecting dust in the garage. I had to break the "no snow visit this year" news to Austin this morning, he was pretty bummed!
Post a Comment