Lazy Summer mornings.
Since napping has gone by the wayside for Isla, I tried really hard to institute "siesta" this Summer. I promised the kids that if we got up early and rested to beat the heat in the afternoon, that we could stay up later and do fun things in the evenings. This didn't really catch on because I think they were well aware that "siesta" is just a codename for "nap". But Isla did pass out one afternoon and we made sure to take a fun family bike ride to Dairy Queen that evening to reinforce the behavior. It didn't start a trend, but it was fun anyway.
Cindy, Cristina and Elena.
Hard to believe that we're Mommy's and have all these kids now!
Brennan kindly took a photo of us.
Fortunately we had another adult on hand to get a clear shot!
Pool time.
We upgraded Brennan to a large bike. Now he gets more mileage out of his pedaling.
Why are we up so early??
He's like a little rooster. Some of us would rather be sleeping.
Celebrating Father's Day at the farm with Oma.
Daddy and his boys.
We played putt-putt. It was the first time for the kids and Brennan was overjoyed.
Then we headed home for a birthday celebration. (Please note that the Christmas cards have been removed from the living room wall by this point. I mean, it's June, I have standards.) Happy birthday Patrick!
We love you!!!
Every party should involve lawn games. Here we are trying out bocce ball. It seemed safer than croquet.
I'm not sure how this happened, but as you can see there is no room in my bed for me. People just wander in at night and somehow I got bumped. Sleep is at such a premium around here that I did snooze on the floor for a short while. Sad. (Side note: Patrick does not usually sleep with his mouth open, this is really not normal for him, but I wanted to include this photo of the bedhogs.)
At a pirate party. Sadly Isla was sick and had to leave early to sleep off a fever.
Kellan really started moving in June.
Isla was allowed to experiment with makeup at a playdate and this was the result. I saw her pink face and exclaimed "wow!", and she matter-of-factly replied, "yeah, I yook fabuyous" (She's still working on her "L's") Fabulous indeed, girlfriend!
Freezer pops in the shade.
Scooter stunts.
Time to lower the crib!
Moms and babies hanging out while the Dad's supervised the kids/pointy sticks/firepit. Aka s'mores.
I instructed Isla to use "tiny dots" of glue for her project, but she was so fascinated by the lake of glue that she was creating that she apparently couldn't stop herself.
Since napping has gone by the wayside for Isla, I tried really hard to institute "siesta" this Summer. I promised the kids that if we got up early and rested to beat the heat in the afternoon, that we could stay up later and do fun things in the evenings. This didn't really catch on because I think they were well aware that "siesta" is just a codename for "nap". But Isla did pass out one afternoon and we made sure to take a fun family bike ride to Dairy Queen that evening to reinforce the behavior. It didn't start a trend, but it was fun anyway.
Cindy, Cristina and Elena.
Hard to believe that we're Mommy's and have all these kids now!
Brennan kindly took a photo of us.
Fortunately we had another adult on hand to get a clear shot!
Pool time.
We upgraded Brennan to a large bike. Now he gets more mileage out of his pedaling.
Why are we up so early??
He's like a little rooster. Some of us would rather be sleeping.
Celebrating Father's Day at the farm with Oma.
Daddy and his boys.
We played putt-putt. It was the first time for the kids and Brennan was overjoyed.
Then we headed home for a birthday celebration. (Please note that the Christmas cards have been removed from the living room wall by this point. I mean, it's June, I have standards.) Happy birthday Patrick!
We love you!!!
Every party should involve lawn games. Here we are trying out bocce ball. It seemed safer than croquet.
I'm not sure how this happened, but as you can see there is no room in my bed for me. People just wander in at night and somehow I got bumped. Sleep is at such a premium around here that I did snooze on the floor for a short while. Sad. (Side note: Patrick does not usually sleep with his mouth open, this is really not normal for him, but I wanted to include this photo of the bedhogs.)
At a pirate party. Sadly Isla was sick and had to leave early to sleep off a fever.
Kellan really started moving in June.
Isla was allowed to experiment with makeup at a playdate and this was the result. I saw her pink face and exclaimed "wow!", and she matter-of-factly replied, "yeah, I yook fabuyous" (She's still working on her "L's") Fabulous indeed, girlfriend!
Freezer pops in the shade.
Scooter stunts.
Time to lower the crib!
Moms and babies hanging out while the Dad's supervised the kids/pointy sticks/firepit. Aka s'mores.
I instructed Isla to use "tiny dots" of glue for her project, but she was so fascinated by the lake of glue that she was creating that she apparently couldn't stop herself.


























































0 comments:
Post a Comment