Happy 4th of July! We biked into town to catch the parade and then had friends over for our traditional KFC dinner. The kids got to stay up and do a few fireworks in the cul-de-sac.
Blueberry picking.
Patrick was kind enough to trade hats with Brennan; it was a little buggy out.
I sent the kids out back while we made blueberry jam, and this is what I found when I checked on them.
Family trip to Target! I never let them ride in these huge carts because I can't steer them, but Daddy was with us and it seemed like it would be nice to have everyone strapped in.
Patrick pushing a cart-full of children at Target. For some reason I find this funny, maybe because sometimes I still can't believe we're old enough to be married, let alone have a baby or three. I must just be young at heart. Or in denial.
July was a big month for visitors. We were lucky enough to have some of our old Navy friends stay with us for a couple of days during their move. We had a "family" get together while they were here and we all had a blast.
Sitting in mini-chairs and escaping the madness that is 6 children and 2 babies in the other room.
Happiness. =)
This might have been the calmest moment of the entire weekend.
Ready for the pool.
I got Kellan down for a good nap and was able to take the older two to the pool by themselves. It was so much easier and they had fun spending the entire time in the big pool. (Patrick was home, don't worry.)
We also had some of our old friends from Germany come to visit! They drove all the way from Georgia and it was so good to see them again. Other than the kids being so much bigger it was just like old times.
Brennan was very taken with their DS game players.
Very taken.
Taken.
A trip to Balls Bluff Cemetery.
Walking around Leesburg. We stopped for a photo in front of Dodona Manor, former home of Gen. Marshall (the Marshall Plan) in the hopes that in some future history class Colin and Brandt will remember that they've been here. ;)
Isla was so excited about the Air and Space Museum that she fell asleep on the way there.
Wendy.
Colin had brought a book about the Civil War that we read from before bedtime, and this is how we found Brennan, in our bed with the lights on, when we came upstairs later.
This is how the mudroom is looking these days. Thanks for making the custom cushion Mom!
Blackberry picking.
Kellan started using this beanbag as a walker and was thrilled with himself.
Isla got to unwrap some of her birthday presents a little bit early since we had planned to be out of town on the actual day.
Happy birthday GG!!
Ready to hit the road and go meet cousin Chloe!
Before we left we discovered a little ant problem, so I performed an exorcism. Just kidding. I whipped up a homemade batch of ant poison and cordoned off the area with cinnamon. It worked.
On our way! The kids are expert travelers and they all did great. We made it to Arizona and met up with Sarah and Chloe for dinner.
Finally getting to hold my niece! She was as sweet and soft and wonderful as could be.
Blueberry picking.
Patrick was kind enough to trade hats with Brennan; it was a little buggy out.
I sent the kids out back while we made blueberry jam, and this is what I found when I checked on them.
Family trip to Target! I never let them ride in these huge carts because I can't steer them, but Daddy was with us and it seemed like it would be nice to have everyone strapped in.
Patrick pushing a cart-full of children at Target. For some reason I find this funny, maybe because sometimes I still can't believe we're old enough to be married, let alone have a baby or three. I must just be young at heart. Or in denial.
July was a big month for visitors. We were lucky enough to have some of our old Navy friends stay with us for a couple of days during their move. We had a "family" get together while they were here and we all had a blast.
Sitting in mini-chairs and escaping the madness that is 6 children and 2 babies in the other room.
Happiness. =)
This might have been the calmest moment of the entire weekend.
Ready for the pool.
I got Kellan down for a good nap and was able to take the older two to the pool by themselves. It was so much easier and they had fun spending the entire time in the big pool. (Patrick was home, don't worry.)
We also had some of our old friends from Germany come to visit! They drove all the way from Georgia and it was so good to see them again. Other than the kids being so much bigger it was just like old times.
Brennan was very taken with their DS game players.
Very taken.
Taken.
A trip to Balls Bluff Cemetery.
Walking around Leesburg. We stopped for a photo in front of Dodona Manor, former home of Gen. Marshall (the Marshall Plan) in the hopes that in some future history class Colin and Brandt will remember that they've been here. ;)
Isla was so excited about the Air and Space Museum that she fell asleep on the way there.
Wendy.
Colin had brought a book about the Civil War that we read from before bedtime, and this is how we found Brennan, in our bed with the lights on, when we came upstairs later.
This is how the mudroom is looking these days. Thanks for making the custom cushion Mom!
Blackberry picking.
Kellan started using this beanbag as a walker and was thrilled with himself.
Isla got to unwrap some of her birthday presents a little bit early since we had planned to be out of town on the actual day.
Happy birthday GG!!
Ready to hit the road and go meet cousin Chloe!
Before we left we discovered a little ant problem, so I performed an exorcism. Just kidding. I whipped up a homemade batch of ant poison and cordoned off the area with cinnamon. It worked.
On our way! The kids are expert travelers and they all did great. We made it to Arizona and met up with Sarah and Chloe for dinner.
Finally getting to hold my niece! She was as sweet and soft and wonderful as could be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment