September 6, 2013

Back to School

Brennan started Kindergarten on Tuesday!  He had really been looking forward to his first day of school, although it was a little bittersweet for me.  How has my baby turned into this little boy who loses teeth and steps onto buses and into new classrooms with such confidence?  He was really excited about riding the bus on the first day and we all trooped down to the corner to wait.  He was equipped with a heart note in his pocket from his Mommy and Daddy, and instructions to be respectful, kind and to have fun.


We waited.


And waited.



Lots of waiting.  The bus was 40 minutes late!


It's finally here!


See ya!  He was so gung ho!


I made him turn around for a real wave.  All this waiting and anticipation, and then suddenly the bus is driving away and there we were.  He's so ready, even if Patrick and I are still adjusting, and he's had a great couple of days. 
  

This week has been a reminder of how quickly the time flies and I'm trying to take it all in.  Here is Kellan mid-snooze.

0 comments: